Friday 22 July 2011

What kind of girl has her own tea set? A lucky girl

Yes, I have acquired a bone china tea set with pretty flowers on them! 6 cups and saucers, 6 plates, milk jug, sugar bowl and bread & butter platter. Found in my mum's shed and donated by my sister! And yes, I have already had a friend over for tea and used them!


In other news, our new place is taking shape, we have a dining table and chairs, sofas on order and I have spotted a fab retro sideboard in a charity store for just £40. I shall be buying it later (if its still there)........It was! And here it is in it's new home:

Yes, that is one of my girls sat on top, not an ornament.
There is a fab retro glass light shade I am enquiring about on Ebay too. I am trying to craft for the home but I seem to hit a brick wall with most things. I have made these fabric flowers:


 using this tutorial, and want to place them in an embroidery hoop, but when I try to embroider words, it just isn't working for me. I will keep at it though.

Apologies for the lack of blogging lately. I've been in and out of the doctor's surgery the past few weeks and sent for so many tests I feel like a pincushion. I've been having very bad ovarian pain. It made me feel really miserable, but I'm feeling a lot better lately and more positive for the outcome.

oh, oh, oh, another find at my mum's place was this...


A beautiful Kewpie doll from my younger years! Gotta love that cheeky face! Sorry Mum if I have nosed around too much!!

xx

No comments: