Saturday 26 March 2011

London adventures and other news

We arrived safely back from London! It was so exhausting fitting all of it in, and missed a couple of places, but we can easily see them again. We arrived at Victoria bus station on Monday afternoon and headed for the Tate Modern, took a look at the surreal exhibit as well as some photography and pop art. Called into their cafe and had something quick to eat, we also ordered cola which arrived in these beautiful bottles:

How neat are they? very Victorian chemist! We then made our way to the hotel and grabbed a bite to eat at Pizza Hut! Tuesday was an early start with a tube to Oxford street and the a pop into Carnaby street. Its the first time I've been there and seen the Irregular Choice shop! Oh, the shoes are amazing there, but couldn't justify buying a new pair of shoes so instead, picked up these cute earrings from the store:

Itty, bitty teapots! They had some lovely accessories! Very kitsch! All the Fun of the Fair was on the list to visit so we headed there, and I picked up a little mother's day gift (Can't show it here yet) and a couple of little somethings for me:


I love amigurumi, as you all know, and couldn't resist the carrot rattle. I also bought myself this pin badge with an applique cup cake, I love the style of it, quite similar to Quentin Blake. It now lives on my boyfriend jacket. On the way from here we saw this cool cake shop selling Candy Cakes:




They're so colourful and fun! Didn't get to try one though! :(. A quick stop in Hamleys led to these pics:


I have a love for life sized stuffed animals, they just make me happy. One day, I'd like to have a stuffed farm.

We then spent the rest of the day in Camden and went to the show we'd booked to see called Ghost Stories. I love horror and scary stuff, but this really scared me, to the point where I didn't want to go to the loo by myself afterwards. But still, it was excellent, and I would highly recommend. Wednesday I asked Mr Catherine to take a picture of the delightful cakes in the bakery window in Covent Garden:



How stunning are these? They just make me want to sew, sew, sew!!! And the glossiness is gorgeous! We popped into the Artbox where I got these cute notepads:

And then we headed back to Victoria, and then on the coach home.....after a bite to eat...of course!


In other news, I have a picture of the Arctic Roll I've recently made:

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, I think the colours and textures were spot on. I also had a delivery this morning from Fred Aldous, Can you guess what I'm going to make from it?:

Lots of things on the go at the moment, but it's all top secret! I'll show you when the suprise is done!!!

No comments: